Sunday 29 November 2015

Colouring is for kids too!

We've all got caught up in this colouring books for adults craze (I spoke about it on my other blog here and even shared a sheet of my own - that's the stage we've got to!), but lets not forget books for children as well...

Last Sunday when I was off wearing my Made By Mrs M hat at BUST Craftacular in Bethnal Green, Mr M took the little man next door to the V&A Museum of Childhood. They came back with this beauty.


You can see what the cover looked like before the little man set to work on it here. We're fans of Edward Bawden in this house, so it's rather exciting. The colouring book contains 32 pages of his lino cuts for colouring and it's just gorgeous. It even contains fold down sections and I may have been helping him out a little as well (I haven't taken much persuading - helping him to colour in is much more fun than doing an adults colouring book by myself anyway!). 


The Edward Bawden Colouring Book is available from the V&A for £5.99.


It got me looking out for other nice colouring things for little people and I found this rather fab Colour in London Wall Poster from the Tate Shop and some lovely Christmas cards by Joanne Hawker

Are there any you can recommend? Looking for something nicer than the books you find in toy shops!


No comments:

Post a Comment