Sunday 5 June 2016

Shoreditch, Hoxton and an unexpected garden...

Last Sunday we popped up into town as I wanted to take the boys to see the Geffrye Museum (which I'd only been to to have a stall at Crafty Fox Market, so I hadn't visited properly either).

The Geffrye is the Museum of the Home, and it charts the history of middle class homes with fab room sets and displays. Mr M loved it, the little man loved the room sets and I thought it was pretty wonderful too. So that was all good, but then we stepped out into the garden...


The museum's herb and cottage garden is just one of the most beautiful I've seen - really fragrant (the roses are just amazing) and in such a brilliant spot - sandwiched between the museum itself and Hoxton Overground station. The museum is amazing but the garden is worth a visit on it's own too. Almost (but not quite) making up for my failure to go to the Chelsea Flower Show!

Here's one of my favourite room sets (with a bowl identical to one of mine on the table - it's by Catherine Holm).


And more from the garden...




We took the opportunity to walk back down to Shoreditch and called in at Arnold Circus on the way. Arnold Circus was the first ever social housing, built in 1900 - I saw a brilliant programme about it on TV a few years ago and really wanted to take a look.


Followed by some general colour spotting fun in Shoreditch itself before collapsing onto the train to come home. 



Find out more about the Geffrye Museum on their website.







No comments:

Post a Comment